EagleBurgmann’s newly developed double Cartex GSDN gas seal is the ideal solution for centrifugal pump applications at chemical plants and refineries. Users can install bi-directional gas-lubricated Cartex GSDN seals to standardize their new pumps or to recondition existing pumps which have conventional stuffing box packings or liquid-lubricated mechanical seals.
- HR principle is the characteristic design feature of the Cartex series: the seat and shaft sleeve rotate along with the pump shaft, while the springs remain stationary.
- Internal pressurization together with centrifugal forces creates a self-cleaning effect at the sliding faces during ongoing operation. This prevents harmful contamination and increases operational reliability, especially in applications where the media contains solids.
- High axial tolerance and the absence of dead space.
- Wide sliding faces ensure high gas film stability.
- U grooves are a standard feature and enable bi-directional operation of the seal.
- Silicon carbide face materials and a high-strength coating ensure optimal performance in continuous operation.
- Designed to withstand critical situations during start-up and shut-down or if a fault occurs in the buffer gas supply. Double-balanced Cartex GSDN seals remain closed and balanced even in these situations.
Size: 1.1.25" to 4.000"
Pressure: (bi-directional)189 psi
Pressure: (uni-directional) 232 psi
Temperature: -4°F -+ 392°F (depending on elastomer)
Speed: 13-49 ft/s