The EagleBurgmann AD5 seal is a balanced dry running seal having a faced combination of Teflon with special filler vs. Silicon Carbide/Ceramic. It is ideally suited for slow speed agitators where mixing of sealant is not desirable.
- Narrow seal face, which minimize the heat generation.
- Special geometry of the seal face ensures very effective heat dissipation.
- Finds extensive use in pharmaceuticals and food industries where applications are under full vacuum and contamination of media is not at all permitted.
- Use of Teflon with special filler instead of carbon, which is most commonly used, also avoids mixing/intrusion of carbon powder in the media. Hence this is an ideal choice for pharmaceutical application.
- Seal is externally mounted and no metal components come in contact with the process fluids.
- Simple construction for ease of installation and maintenance.
- Very cost effective since no lubrication / cooling system is required for the seal.
- Face Material: Teflon Special x Ceramic
- Metal components: SS 316
- Secondary Sealing: FKM / FFKM
- Pressure: 5 bar 72 psi
- Temperature: -22ºF to 347ºF
- Speed: Up to 3.2 ft/s
(Consult EagleBurgmann for applications other than above limits)