As with most power plant equipment that experiences deterioration from continuous operation, the GE Flex Seal plates can lose their sealing capabilities and flexibility over time. As a result, excessive hot gases are released into the surrounding atmosphere, endangering critical control wiring and equipment. Cold air can also enter the turbine, reducing thermal performance.
The EagleBurgmann Expansion Joint Solutions R&D center has developed a custom gas-tight fabric expansion joint to replace the existing GE Flex Seal on the turbine exhaust that better withstands the mechanical wear and tear of the OEM construction.
Our custom expansion joint directly replaces the sealing plates and seals the gap between the turbine exhaust flange and diffuser duct. It can be supplied as a kit for supervised installation, or as a turnkey solution with EagleBurgmann EJS’s experienced field service team.
Our Flex Seal expansion joint upgrade is specified by GE for its own users, and is considered the best design available (TIL # 377A9346).
Approved and Certified
EagleBurgmann EJS is approved to ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 standards and is a full member of Expansion Joint Manufacturers’ Association, Fluid Sealing Association and European Sealing Association.
EagleBurgmann EJS has over 50 years of global experience in expansion joint design, manufacturing and installation.
EagleBurgmann EJS has supplied critical exhaust joints to several thousand gas turbine installations worldwide. Our custom solutions, engineering best practices, and production capabilities have enabled us to support long-term relationships with major gas turbine manufacturers.
Experience with GE gas turbines
Benefits of the upgrade
- Improved safety & sealing capability
- Cost-effective solution
- Protects adjacent equipment from damaging heat and gas
- OEM approved upgrade from a qualified GE supplier
- TIL # 377A9346
- Supplied as a complete packaged kit
- Complete turnkey installation
GE 7FA Exhaust Flex Seal Upgrade
is designed specifically for the GE 7FA gas turbine exhaust. By working with both the end users and GE site representatives, our replacement for the OEM installed Flex Seal can provide a more reliable solution with a longer service life.
Combine-X type HF (1):
- Steel foil based high temperature expansion joint
- Built in “donut-shape” to fit existing frames
- Designed for upset conditions on inlet flange
- Improved sealing capability
- High density insulation to reduce heat loss
- Heavy construction to protect insulation from flow and turbulence
- Installed with studs and washers to ensure that it will follow the flexing parts
Stud & washer (4):
- Stud and washer are incorporated in the design to ensure that pre-bolster doesn’t shift during installation and operation
Leaf seal (5):
- Existing leaf seal design left in place to protect from flow
- In case of excessive wear, complete leaf seal set will be replaced, available from EagleBurgmann EJS
- OEM approved AISI347 inlet flange including hardware
- Studed outlet Carbon steel flange including hardware
- Hardware for GT flange assembly
Our Commitment to Service & Safety
Servicing our customers is a vital part of EagleBurgmann EJS’s core values. We know the importance of operational reliability, and the long service life of our expansion joints is crucial to keeping plants online. Unplanned outages are not only inconvenient, they can be very expensive.
Priority On Safety
EagleBurgmann EJS is committed to creating a culture of safety and environmental protection that is firmly anchored in our guiding principles. Our onsite specialists, including fitters, welders and supervisors, participate in continuous safety training as well as site specific safety courses.
For more information, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.